Sunday, January 9, 2011

Kuan Yin Collage

Tomorrow I am signed up to hang a piece of my art for two weeks.  There is a small wall opposite the entrance to the dining hall where one or two pieces by a resident artist are hung for several weeks.  I intend to hang a collage that has a focal image of Kuan Yin, but also has other images including the Buddha and the Madonna of Guadalupe.  I am a little anxious because I have heard that they won't hang any art that is religious in nature.  I don't consider my collage religious--more a depiction of the sacred through iconography.  We'll see.  Below is an image of the piece.


Original collage



Original with fabric borders added.  It is in a mirrored frame which picks up on the mirrors in the collage.
I'm afraid this will remain on my wall and not make it to the public.  Oh Well.

And, the little fish at the right are just to play with.  They will follow your cursor inside their box.  Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment