Thursday, January 6, 2011

My aura is recovering

I was told today by a reliable source that my aura was weak and had holes in it when I first arrived at the Manor in June; but now my aura is clear, although apparently it does not extend far from my physical self.  I wonder how Billy's aura is doing.  The aura reader did not comment on Billy other than he was a beautiful, fat cat.  Billy did his part by nuzzling my visitor and rolling onto his back so his ample tummy could be rubbed.



I am doing well and appreciate being here.  "Here" is a retirement community, Friendship Manor, in Isla Vista, CA close to UCSB.  I have a small apartment with two rooms connected by a bathroom.  The complex was originally built for student housing so this apartment was meant for two students sharing a bathroom.  I use one room for my bedroom and the other for my work space. Here are a couple of pictures of my bedroom and workroom:

Corner of workroom, view from where I sit
 

Kwan Yin altar in bedroom
  
Bedroom wall of beads

View from workroom


Three meals a day are provided and coffee, tea and lemonade are always available in the dining room.  There is a movie theatre, library and swimming pool.  About 200 people over the age of 62 live here.  There is an abundance of poets, writers and artists.  There is a revolving resident art exhibit once a month in the WiFi lounge.  There are numerous gardens here that are maintained by the residents.  Below is a picture of the rose garden.



I am doing a lot of beadwork (can be found on http://www.etsy.com/ under Sajuno), collage and writing, and some photography.  My days consist of napping with Billy, reading, writing and working on some art project.  I knew I always wanted to be retired.  I knew this at 18. 

Movies to recommend: Mother and Child

Books I'm reading:  The Realm of the Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate.  This is an amazing book full of wisdom, intelligence and compassion.  He has written other books on parenting, the mind-body connection and ADHD. 

In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction       Mother and Child 

Hope all of you are well.  Thanks for visiting my new blog.  I am still trying to figure out how to format it.






1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey—I posted a comment yesterday, but it seems to have vanished into the ethers … Just wanted to thank you for showing us your world. It makes retirement look even better than it already looks from where I'm sitting.

Post a Comment